Friday, October 24, 2008

VIEWING OF OTHER VIRTUAL TOURS

It was fun to view other people's virtual tours. I viewed one about the animals on different continents, one on the olympics, and one on fun places in each of the 7 continents. Each one had some very fun things. I loved the links for the animals on each continents. They had some good information on the habitats of the chosen animals. I also liked the pictures this tour had four each placemark. For the olympics tour I loved the activities assigned to each placemark. I liked that it required the student to do active activites such as picking up a ball and learning how to hit it volleyball style. For the other continents tour I loved the video they used showing the Great Wall of China.

I got a lot of fun ideas on how to use google earth!! I think it was very beneficial to view other people's work. I learned that you really can use it for every subject. I thought it would be hard to use it for the earlier grades but two of the ones I used were very simple and easy to use for kindergarten and first grade.

No comments: